Because of Love...

The rescue

I’m chosen from eternity past no thanks to me at all For it pleased you Lord to save my wretched soul Translated from death to life Hell I still deserve You saw fit to call me your son

My sin debt is paid Jesus bore my guilt my Savior incurred my wrath Clothed with righteousness seated in heavenly places I’m accepted now in the Beloved

Granted me faith and repentance to believe For my salvation I could never boast Could never seek God unless you sought me first So tenacious with your love

I inherit all good things for you’re merciful indeed For in you I brag and boast I’m in your grip you will never let me go baptized in the Holy Ghost

Eternal life reside inside me One day I’ll shed this tent of corruption To be clothed immortal I rejoice in hope My tears are gone for I’m no longer alone

Amazing grace how sweet the sound you reversed the curse of Eden Where sin abounds grace abounded the more Death and hell defeated

I sing your praises day and night for you judged me not according to my sins Rather your love brought me in when I groveled in sin hateful toward you yet you redeemed me anew

I’m in love with a man Christ Jesus-God manifested in the flesh What a strange idea who’s heard of such things My affection for you because of your first-love for me
  
My eyes are enlightened I no longer live in darkness Your word is alive health to my bones Insatiable my desire for truth Hunger increases my desire to live holy Being transformed inside out                                              
I no longer serve sin for now I have a new Master For I have power now to resist temptation Confirming daily to the image of my Savior help me suppress the wicked deeds of the flesh

I’m compelled to tell others of your love and grace to me Many will refuse affirming their perdition Too bad for them they will lose their soul for loving this life too much

You hear when I pray now My petitions are your delight I have sweet communion with you  I’ve been made a priest the veil was torn in two your presence between the cherubim

You are the author and perfector of my faith You will preserve me til the end I’ll stumble much but never finally for you are my everlasting life

Written August 3rd 2013



Comments