Can These Bones Live?

A lament of the bankrupt soul


Breathe on me now Lord please renew my soul

Like you rose Lazarus from the grave


Display your power on me afresh for my inner man is a corpse

Dead man walking due to countless sins 

I see but I’m blind, I hear but I’m deaf


Quicken me now give me a new heart for the one that beats now is calcified 

Compel me to seek your way to delight in your laws

Shower me with your grace


Can these bones live oh Lord you know Naturally living yet spiritually dead 

My depravity is perfect as the Canaanite of old

Be pleased to save a wretch like me


Can these bones live the wind of your Spirit must hasten 

My transgressions necessitate your power

 For I was in born in sin shapen in iniquity I’m stillborn in spirit


All things are possible with the great I AM

You produce mighty works in me

My being is alive I’m among the elect What you’ve begun you’ll complete in me


They laugh at my affliction hopeless to save they say 

A fool petitions a God he can’t see

  Enduring a faith battle the whole life long 

Be pleased as I struggle to enter your glory


Praise God! A crown awaits me


Written March 14th, 2023


Comments